Answers for all of your Real Estate Questions
Local Real Estate News for Barrie and Local Area
September 2018 Real Estate Market Conditions & Stats
- Home sales in the City of Barrie totaled 175 residential sales in September 2018. This is an decrease of 3.8% on a year-over-year basis.
- A year-over-year increase of 5.8% was recorded for residential sales in the surrounding areas.
- The average price of homes sold within the City of Barrie up to this point in 2018 was $479,716. A decrease of 4.5% when compared to the average selling price in the first nine months of 2017.
- The year-to-date average price of homes sold in the surrounding area up to this point in 2018 was $525,347. A decrease of 6.7% from the first nine months in 2017.
- In September 2018, there were 905 new residential listings, a record for the month. An increase of just 6 listings on a year-over-year basis.
- Active residential listings numbered, 1,587 units at the end of September. This was an increase of 22% from the end of September 2017 and marked the highest level for this month since 2011!
“Sales activity continues to run back at more moderate levels, broadly in line with the years before the record-setting 2014 – 2016 period,” said Geoff Halford, 2018 BDAR President. “Under this year’s new mortgage stress test, prices for more affordable home types have been holding up better compared to last year.”
August 2018 Real Estate Market Conditions & Stats
- Homes sales in August totalled 424 units sold, an increase of 26.6% from August 2017.
- The City of Barrie had a total of 198 residential sales in August 2018, making it a 16.5% increase on a year-over-year basis.
- In the surrounding areas, an increase of 39.2% was recorded, where sales totalled 231 units in August 2018.
- The average price of homes sold in August 2018 was $496,415.
- The year-to-date average price figure for homes sold within the City of Barrie at this point in 2018 was $481,268. This was a decrease of 4.9% compared to the average selling price in the first eight months of 2017.
Sales activity has been running at healthy if somewhat average levels this summer, which is quite a bit higher than back in the spring,” said Geoff Halford, 2018 BDAR President. “Prices are still down a bit on a year-over-year basis, but those declines have been getting smaller. On a month-to-month basis, prices have been sliding more or less sideways over the last year.”