Answers for all of your Real Estate Questions
Call George Nagel Today! 705-794-9888
There is a big difference between buying a home and selling a home. They require tailored duties and services at each stage of the process.
If you are selling a house I will:
- Expertly market your home through channels like social media, websites, and multiple listing services
- Conduct a comparative market analysis to demonstrate what other homes in your area have been sold for in the recent months
- Secure the assistance of other professionals for completing the paperwork accurately and while meeting critical deadlines
- Complete a property profile of your home, including current conditions, surroundings and special features
If you are buying a house I will:
- Educate you about the current housing market conditions
- Discuss and analyze best alternatives that best fit your budget and criteria
- Resolve any challenges that may arise when purchasing a new home
- Provide the highest quality of service so that you feel comfortable and confident in the process
Barrie Real Estate News
The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI), tracks price trends far more accurately than is possible using average or median price measures. The overall MLS® HPI composite benchmark price for Barrie & District was $459,800, down 5.3% in April 2019 compared to April 2018.
The benchmark price for single-family homes was $468,600 in April, 6% lower on a year-over-year basis. By comparison, the benchmark price for townhouse/row units was $306,300, up 5.1% compared to a year earlier, while the benchmark apartment price was $358,500, up 7.6%.
The average price of homes sold in April 2019 was $514,858, up 8.4% from April 2018.
The more comprehensive year-to-date average price was $513,829, edging up 2.9% from the first four months of 2018.
The year-to-date average price figure for homes sold within the City of Barrie in 2019 was $486,085. This was up a slight 0.9% compared to the year-to-date average selling price in 2018.
The year-to-date average price figure in surrounding areas thus far in 2019 was $537,766, an increase of 3.9% compared to the year-to-date average price in 2018.
The Barrie & District Association of REALTORS® cautions that over a period of time, the use of average price information can be useful in establishing trends, but it does not indicate actual prices in widely divergent areas or account for price differentials between geographical areas.
The dollar value of all home sales in April 2019 was $242 million, a large 31.4% increase from the same month in 2018.
There were 896 new residential listings in April 2019. This was an increase of 10.9% on a year-over-year basis.
Active residential listings numbered 1,329 units at the end of April, up 4.5% from levels at the end of April 2018 and a six-year high for this time of the year.